Tanima Bhattacharya is an actress, costume designer, anchor and producer known for Shackle/ Saankal (2015), Midnight Error/ Har Raat Wahi Baat (2020) and Aakhet (2021). In a very short time she has impressed everyone with her bold roles. In Tanima’s debut feature film Saankal (Shackle) she played as Abeera, a rural Rajasthani woman who was forced to marry multiple times to grooms who were young teenage boys which was critically acclaimed and got her many awards. She started ‘Rare Stones Production’ with her co-star of Saankal, Chetan Sharma to produce and promote indie content
Not every actress wins an international award on her debut, however, Tanima Bhattacharya achieved this feat. While the movie won 2nd Best Foreign Feature Drama Award, Tanima won the Best Lead Actress Award at the 20th International Indie Gathering Film Festival 2015. The movie received a theatrical release in India in November 2017. On the film festival circuit, Saankal has won 15 awards and more than 40 official selections and nomination from various film festivals around the world from countries like USA, Russia, Lucknow and Haryana film festivals.
|Profession||Actress, Costume Designer and Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in centimeters - 165 cm
in meters - 1.65 m
in feet and inches- 5 ' 5"
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms - 60 kg
in pounds - 119 lbs
|Date of Birth||12 September 1986|
|Age (as in 2022)||36|
|Current City||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Kolkata, Mahrashtra, India|
|Family, Relationship & More|
|Actress||Suchitra Sen, Kajol|
|Designers||Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Manish Malhotra|
|Perfume||Davidoff Cool Water|
Tanima Bhattacharya’s Filmography:
- Shackle/ Saankal as Abeera (2015),
- Singardaan (Ullu Series) as Guptaji’s wife (2019),
- Love oin a Taxi as Female cab driver (2020),
- Aakhet as Julfia (2021),
- Maa Hinshi
Midnight Error (2020)
- Piya Ka Aangan
- Khela (Bengali)
- Impression (Violence on Women),
- Vision Circle,
- The Cool Taxi (2021).
- Midnight Error as Lily (2020)
Some Interesting Facts About Tanima Bhattacharya
- Tanima wanted to join the Indian Army but as destiny would have it, she entered the world of films.
- She was born and brought up in Kolkata but then moved to Mumbai for pursuing her career in the field of acting. She did a couple of shows in Kolkata as a child actress and has worked in a few projects later as the main lead as well, in regional TV and cinema.
- Tanima is the winner of Miss South Kolkata, Face of Femina and Face of the week in Times of India, Kolkata. She also stood in Top Ten finalist of Dabur Gulabari Sananda Tilottama Beauty Pageant.
- She even featured in commercials for Kiran Sarees, Bosco garments, Andhra Bank. Her Instagram account has more than 10.5k followers.