As per the reports, Y. S. Sharmila is starting a new political party in Telangana [YSR Telangana party’] (proposed) and an application was submitted to the Election Commission of India to register their party. She made an announcement in a meeting (Sankalpa Sabha) in Khammam, that her party would be officially launched in Telangana on July 8. She has started campaigning against the incumbent Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) government.
Y. S. Sharmila Reddy was born into a Christian Political-Bussiness family on 17 December 1973 in Pulivendula to Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy and Y. S. Vijayamma. Her husband Anil Kumar M. was an Indian-Telugu Evangelist and founder of ‘Anil World Evangelism’.
Some Lesser Known Facts about Y.S. Sharmila
- Sharmila’s second (and present) husband, Anil Kumar, was a Hindu Brahmin by birth. But he changed his religion to Christianity after getting married to Sharmila. Both of them have been married twice.
- YS.Sharmila Reddy made headlines after she took up campaigning on behalf of the YSR Congress Party along with her mother Smt.Y. S. Vijayamma, in the absence of her elder brother, Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy from June 2012 in the united Andhra Pradesh state.
- Sharmila began her 3000 km Yatra under the name of Maro Praja Prasthanam (Anothher Journey to the People) at Idupulapaya in Kadapa district on 18 Oct 2012 .She toured 14 districts(2250 villages and 116 Assembly Constituencies) as part of the walkathon. She concluded it on 4 August 2013 in Ichchapuram.
- The YSR Congress Party then won 16 of the 18 assembly and 1 of 1 Parliament seats for which the by-elections were held.
- Before the 2019 Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly election, Sharmila undertook an 11-day bus Yatra across Andhra Pradesh with the tagline “Praja Theerpu – Bye Bye Babu”(People’s verdict- Bidding good bye to then CM of Andhra Pradesh, N. Chandra Babu Naidu) covered 1,553 km (965 miles) and 39 public addresses.