Baby Smoove is an American Singer, Rapper and Musician who is making a name for himself in the rap scene. Though Jaelin Parker is his real name, he started out as Bandrew Smoove,which he later modified into Baby Smoove in 2016. He initially got recognition for his hit single “Never Stop Cashin.” Baby Smoove’s single “Plagiarism” got featured on the Fader’s website and his song called “Sixty” was named as New rap song of the day by Pitchfork. He has already earned a reputation as one of the Detroit region’s best storytellers.
|Profession||Rapper and Songwriter|
|Date of Birth||3 December 1996|
|Age (as in 2022)||26|
|Place of Birth||Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, USA|
|Current City||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Ethnicity||Black (African American)|
|University||Michigan State University|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in feet inches - 5 '5"
in centimeters - 165 cm
in meters - 1.65 m
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms - 63 kg
in pounds - 139 lbs
|Family, Relationship & More|
|Girlfriend / Wife||NA|
|Net Worth (approx)||$ 400k|
Talking about his name, Baby Smoove said: “They’re really two separate names, I just put them together. I had ‘Smoove’ first, though. My friend gave it to me in the ninth grade. It was like our first couple days of high school, and we’re walking through the halls one day and he was like, ‘Why the fuck you walk so smooth?’ His exact words. ‘Nigga, you walk so smooth, your name should be Smoove’ and that’s how it started. […] Yeah, you know, and then the ‘Baby’ is like, I’m the baby. So, it’s like, my nigga Baby Smoove.”
Baby Smoove was a quiet kid and finished his high school despite frequent absences. He started rapping when he was 15, after he went with a friend to a studio and instantly discovered his talent. Talking about his childhood, he commented: “ I didn’t want to grow up in Detroit, I wanted to be a suburban kid. I never wanted to be in the streets. It’s not sweet, it’s not cool. I never looked at it as something to glorify, that’s why I never really rapped about where I was from. That’s why I appreciate this [LA]. If I was born in this, I wouldn’t appreciate palm trees and 80 degree weather every day. When you come from -2 degrees and 6 bandos a block, it’s a big difference. This doesn’t even look real.”
He wrote his first song when he was seven years of age, but he didn’t start posting music online until 2012. He took the moniker ‘Bandcrew Smoove’ and posted his first single, “Supersonic,” through his YouTube channel. Then he released his first album “Riding with the Goat” in 2017 which consisted of 11 songs Kane, Superstar, I have a Dream, Attentions, Goat, Paul George, Imagination, Pain, Feel the Same, Ben Franklin, and Feeling Me. His second album “Why So Serious” was released in 2018 which was followed up by “I’m Still Serious” the same year. Smoove released 4 albums in 2019 namely ‘Flawless’, ‘Mr Perfect’, ‘Purple Heart’ and ‘Baby’ and in 2020, he released 3 more titled; Practice, I’m still perfect and Hardwood classic.
Some Interesting Facts About Baby Smoove
- Smoove’s most popular video on his YouTube channel is “Smoove “Akorn” (Official Music Video) [samples the theme from The Godfather. The title refers to a pharmaceutical company that makes codeine cough syrup] standing with 13.45 million views. He has more than 135k subscribers on his Youtube channel and over 44k followers on Twitter.
- He describes his music as having “dry Lil Wayne-esque style [of voice]” and being inspired by “Eminem” and “Gucci Mane.” His favorite Gucci era is Wilt Chamberlain, Dopeman 3D and the Brick Squad era.
- Smoove said that he really doesn’t care about money. He said “I make music for me, this is what I love doing. This is my hobby, my art. You don’t gotta listen. I don’t do this to make other people happy. I like making good music.”
- Talking about labels and him being independent, he said: “They have to appreciate the art though, that’s the main thing. You can’t look at me like a stock or something you can make money off of. That’s what pushed me away from labels. I get blank checks all the time. They want me to ride it out so bad..I love making music. I’m not about to feed your family. I’m not in the studio making the same song over and over.”
- Baby Smoove loves Basketball. That’s why there are so many references about it in his music.
He was arrested once for allegedly concealing weapons. Twitter was trended with “Free Baby Smoove” after the rapper’s arrest.