Baby Smoove is an American Singer, Rapper, and Musician making a name for himself in the rap scene. Though Jaelin Parker is his real name, he started as Bandrew Smoove, later modified into Baby Smoove in 2016. He initially got recognition for his hit single “Never Stop Cashin.”
Baby Smoove’s single “Plagiarism” was featured on the Fader’s website, and his song “Sixty” was named New Rap Song of the Day by Pitchfork. He has already earned a reputation as one of the Detroit region’s best storytellers.
|Profession||Rapper and Songwriter|
|Date of Birth||3 December 1996|
|Age (as in 2023)||27|
|Place of Birth||Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, USA|
|Current City||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Ethnicity||Black (African American)|
|University||Michigan State University|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in feet inches - 5 '5"
in centimeters - 165 cm
in meters - 1.65 m
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms - 63 kg
in pounds - 139 lbs
|Family, Relationship & More|
|Girlfriend / Wife||NA|
|Net Worth (approx)||$ 400k|
Baby Smoove said about his name: “They’re really two separate names. I just put them together. I had ‘Smoove’ first, though. My friend gave it to me in the ninth grade. It was like our first couple days of high school, and we were walking through the halls one day, and he was like, ‘Why the f*ck do you walk so smooth?’ Those are his exact words. ‘N!gga, you walk so smooth, your name should be Smoove, ‘ and that’s how it started. […] Yeah, you know, and then the ‘Baby’ is like, I’m the baby. So, it’s like, my n!gga Baby Smoove.”
Baby Smoove was a quiet kid who finished high school despite frequent absences. When he was 15, he started rapping after he went with a friend to a studio and instantly discovered his talent. Talking about his childhood, he commented:
“I didn’t want to grow up in Detroit. I wanted to be a suburban kid. I never wanted to be in the streets. It’s not sweet; it’s not cool. I never looked at it as something to glorify; that’s why I never really rapped about where I was from. That’s why I appreciate this [LA]. If I was born in this, I wouldn’t appreciate palm trees and 80-degree weather every day. When you come from -2 degrees and 6 bandos a block, it’s a big difference. This doesn’t even look real.”
He wrote his first song when he was seven but didn’t start posting music online until 2012. He took the Bandcrew Smoove moniker and published his first single, “Supersonic,” through his YouTube channel. Then he released his first album, “Riding with the Goat,” in 2017, which consisted of 11 songs: Kane, Superstar, I Have a Dream, Attentions, Goat, Paul George, Imagination, Pain, Feel the Same, Ben Franklin, and Feeling Me.
His second album, “Why So Serious,” was released in 2018, followed by “I’m Still Serious” the same year. Smoove released four albums in 2019: ‘ Flawless,’ ‘Mr. Perfect, ‘Purple Heart’ and ‘Baby’; in 2020, he released three more songs titled: Practice, I’m Still Perfect, and Hardwood Classic.
Some Interesting Facts About Baby Smoove
- Smoove’s most popular video on his YouTube channel is “Smoove “Akorn” (Official Music Video) [samples the theme from The Godfather. The title refers to a pharmaceutical company that makes codeine cough syrup] standing with 13.45 million views. He has over 245k subscribers on his YouTube channel and over 60k followers on Twitter.
- He describes his music as having a “dry Lil Wayne-esque style [of voice]” and being inspired by “Eminem” and “Gucci Mane.” His favorite Gucci era is Wilt Chamberlain, Dopeman 3D, and the Brick Squad era.
- Smoove said that he doesn’t care about money. He said, “I make music for me; this is what I love doing. This is my hobby, my art. You don’t gotta listen. I don’t do this to make other people happy. I like making good music.”
- Talking about labels and his independence, he said: “They have to appreciate the art, though; that’s the main thing. You can’t look at me like a stock or something you can make money off of. That’s what pushed me away from labels. I get blank checks all the time. They want me to ride it out so bad..I love making music. I’m not about to feed your family. I’m not in the studio making the same song over and over.”
- Baby Smoove loves Basketball. That’s why there are so many references to it in his music.
- He was arrested once for allegedly concealing weapons. Twitter trended with “Free Baby Smoove” after the rapper’s arrest.