Barbie Casillas is a Mexican actress, singer and Model. She is known for her tremendous work in False Identity (2018), Como dice el dicho (2011) and Sueño de amor (2016). Barbie has achieved success at a very young age and her looks are iconic with her front bangs and black hair. The young acting sensation got her first major acting role in 2011. She gradually her improved her acting and undoubtedly, she will land in more amazing and beautiful roles in the future of her career as it’s in the rise.
|Date of Birth||1 August 2007|
|Age (as in 2022)||17|
|Home town||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in feet inches - 5 ' 3"
in centimeters - 160 cm
in meters - 1.60 m
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms - 44 kg
in pounds - 97 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Family, Relationship & More|
|Net Worth (approx)||$300k|
|Favourite Book||The Neverending Story" by Michel Ende|
False Identity is an intense series filled with drama and a lot of suspense directed by Perla Farias where the good guys will try to defend themselves and prove that good always prevails over evil. Barbie appeared as the daughter of Camila Sodi. Her character faces suffering and then desire to come out clean from evil. It was released on September 11, 2018, and started telecasting on Netflix in 2019.
Barbie said that she accepted the role because the plot was challenging and complicated that when she read the character of Amanda she decided that it would make her grow as an actress. She feels that complex characters are the best to grow as an actor, and be able to jump onto the international scene, which is one of her goals to go to Hollywood and leave her mark there.
Talking about her experience playing as Amanda in False Identity She said “It has a vertiginous change of emotions to the point of exploding in anger and violence, emotions that have nothing to do with her true personality. It is something different and that puts me on the edge of my abilities. It’s a challenge, because that’s how I consider myself a daring and risky woman. I have the gift of crying easily but it is exhausting to play an explosive character full of tragedies, because at the end of each day I ends up exhausted with almost no energy and when I get home, I try to get rid of those emotions to maintain a healthy mentality”.
Barbie opined that the actor must get rid of his / her characters because otherwise they will be dragged to replicate their character attitudes and habits in real life which can be harmful: She said that “There is a fine line between reality and acting and if you don’t know how to get out of character it can affect you and I try to clean myself of those I play to keep a balance”.
- ‘Como Dice el Dicho’ as Aganta
- ‘Esta historia me suena’ (2019) as Violeta Niña
- ‘False Identity’ (2018-21) as Amanda Corona
- ‘La Danza De Las Libélulas‘ (2022) as Lorenita
- ‘Dime Dime’ (Music Video, 2022) as Girlfriend
Some Interesting Facts About Barbie Casillas
- Barbie’s mother wanted her to enrol in ballet when she was 4 years old, but she said her interest was to act because every weekend her parents used to take her to see princess plays and she wanted to be like them. So, when her mother enrolled her in ballet, she didn’t do anything in class because she wanted to be a “princess” and they kicked her out of the ballet, and later her parents had no choice but to put her in theatre classes.
- She trained in acting in Stanislavski Acting Method in Texas and was participating in a workshop to be part of another when she got the call from ‘Fake Identity’ team. And deciding which project to do is the difficult part since the two projects began filming on the same day. After analysing the two characters, she decided to take on the character of “Amanda” since it had more acting challenges.
- Her favourite book is “The Neverending Story” authored by Michel Ende because Camila gave it to her on her birth day. She also loves horror movies, as she is a fan of their sound and visual effects. In music, Taylor Swift is her favourite artist. She said she likes the lyrics of all of her songs.
She has a brother. And as she is a teenager, so therefore it is believed that she is single as her more focus will be on her studies and career.
- Barbie Casillas has more than 55k fans on her Instagram account. Similarly, she has also amassed over 396 K followers on TikTok.
- In her career, she worked with many actors like Eduardo Yañez, Camila Sodi, Marcus Ornellas, Güero Franco, Azela Robinson, Sonya Smith, Gabriela Roel and Samadhi Zendejas and learned many things from their experiences.