Blaine Lawrence is an American celebrity family member and the director of Camp Hi Ho (a summertime camping facility in Louisville), who is famous for being the brother of Hollywood hot actress Jennifer Lawrence. Jennifer is best known for playing the role of ‘Katniss Everdeen‘ in the 2012 action/ adventure/ sci-fi film called ‘The Hunger Games’, written by Gary Ross, Suzanne Collins, and Billy Ray and directed by Gary Ross.
Blaine Lawrence was born on January 1st, 1989, in Louisville, Kentucky, United States of America, to Gary Lawrence, aka Gary Stephen Lawrence (a businessman and a construction company owner), and Karen Lawrence, aka Karen Koach. He also has a brother named Ben Lawrence.
|Brother of Jennifer Lawrence
|Date of Birth
|1 January 1989
|Age (as in 2023)
|Place of Birth
|Louisville, Kentucky, USA
|Ballard High School (2004),
University of Kentucky
|Physical Stats & More
|in feet inches - 5 '8"
in centimeters - 172 cm
in meters - 1.72 m
|in kilograms - 62 kg
in pounds - 137 lbs
|Family, Relationship & More
|Father: Gary Lawrence
Mother: Karen Lawrence
|Sister: Jennifer Lawrence
Brother: Ben Lawrence
|Paternal Grand Father: David Lawrence
Paternal Grand Mother: Doris Lawrence
Maternal Grand Father: Charlie Koch
Maternal Grand Mother: Carolyn Koch
|Girlfriend / Wife
|Carson Massler (m. 2013)
|Net Worth (approx)
Blaine, the second child of Lawrence’s family, attended Ballard High School and further studied at the ‘University of Kentucky.’ He graduated from the University in 2008; later, Blaine married Carson Massler on the 7th of October 2013. As Blaine’s sister, Jennifer was one of their 11 bridesmaids on their big day.
The couple first met in 2012 at a Louisville bar. They instantly felt some sort of connection during their first meeting and went outside for a walk, sat under a tree, and talked for hours. The funny part is that they were dating someone else at that moment.
However, they were single a couple of months later, and their love story blossomed. The couple has been married for almost nine years and is blessed with two beautiful children.
Blaine’s brother, Ben Lawrence, is a professional web designer and managing partner of an IT company named Louisville Geek. His wife, Meredith Lawrence, is the director of her sister-in-law’s Jennifer Lawrence Arts Fund in Louisville, which she runs with her in-laws, Gary and Karen. Ben and Meredith are blessed with three children.
Camp Hi-Ho entertains kids ranging from 4 to 12. It is a summer day camp where children are engaged in various physical activities like swimming, boating, and fishing on the lake and can have fun while horseback riding or climbing on the wall.
After their mother’s retirement, Blaine has taken over the responsibilities of Camp Hi-Ho and has wholeheartedly dedicated his life to his career as the Director of it. Camp Hi-Ho – used to be a popular spot for Jennifer and her family to holiday when she was younger; her mother founded it, and it is now run by Jennifer’s brother, Blaine Lawrence.
It was once partially destroyed by fire over a weekend in November 2020, including the camp’s main barn space. Although the fire significantly damaged their beloved camp, no people or animals were harmed during the incident. It’s also reported that the fires did not affect the camp’s Pet Barn – which helps to rehome foster puppies and kittens.
The sudden mishap devastated the whole Lawrence family and the campers. But they did not give up. Soon after the incident, they started rebuilding the campsite with help and donations from the public.
Some Interesting Facts About Blaine Lawrence
- Blaine’s famous sister and world-renowned actress, Jennifer Shrader Lawrence, has given outstanding performances in films like ‘Silver Linings Playbook‘ (2012) as Tiffany, ‘American Hustle‘ (2013) as Rosalyn Rosenfeld, and ‘X-Men: First Class‘ (2011) as Raven/ Mystique.
- During her childhood, Lawrence performed in church plays and school musicals. She was spotted by a talent scout while vacationing in New York City with her family when she was 14.
- Jennifer started her acting career at the age of 9 years old and began her Hollywood career at the of 16. She has repeatedly remarked about how she learned to be “tough” like her older brothers as a child.
- She married Cooke Maroney in 2019, which makes Blaine Lawrence the brother-in-law of Cooke Maroney now.
- She was deemed the highest-paid actress in 2015/16 and appeared on Time’s list of 100 most influential and motivational people in the world in 2013. Likewise, she has won a total of 90 awards, including an Oscar, three Golden Globe Awards, four Critics Choice Awards, and more.
- Blaine has a self-titled YouTube channel where he has videos dating back as old as 13 years.
- Blaine’s mom, Karen, was a cheerleader and used to enjoy gymnastics while at the University of Louisville during her college.