Blaine Lawrence is an American celebrity family member and the director of Camp Hi Ho (a summertime camping facility in Louisville) who is famous for being the brother of Hollywood hot actress Jennifer Lawrence. Jennifer is best known for playing the roles of ‘Katniss Everdeen‘ in the 2012 action/ adventure/ sci-fi film called ‘The Hunger Games’, written by Gary Ross, Suzanne Collins, and Billy Ray and directed by Gary Ross. Blaine Lawrence was born on January 1st, 1989 in Louisville, Kentucky, United States of America to Gary Lawrence aka Gary Stephen Lawrence (a businessman and a construction company owner) and Karen Lawrence aka Karen Koach. He also has a brother named Ben Lawrence.
|Famous For||Brother of Jennifer Lawrence|
|Date of Birth||1 January 1989|
|Age (as in 2022)||33|
|Place of Birth||Louisville, Kentucky, USA|
|Almameter||Ballard High School (2004),
University of Kentucky
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in feet inches - 5 '8"
in centimeters - 172 cm
in meters - 1.72 m
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms - 62 kg
in pounds - 137 lbs
|Family, Relationship & More|
|Parents||Father: Gary Lawrence
Mother: Karen Lawrence
|Siblings||Sister: Jennifer Lawrence
Brother: Ben Lawrence
|Grand Parents||Paternal Grand Father: David Lawrence
Paternal Grand Mother: Doris Lawrence
Maternal Grand Father: Charlie Koch
Maternal Grand Mother: Carolyn Koch
|Girlfriend / Wife||Carson Massler (m. 2013)|
|Net Worth (approx)||$1 Million|
Blaine, who is the second child of Lawrence family attended the Ballard High School and further went on to study at the ‘University of Kentucky’. He graduated from the University in 2008 and later Blaine married Carson Massler on the 7th of October 2013. As Blaine’s sister, Jennifer was one of their 11 bridesmaids on their big day. The couple first met in 2012 at a Louisville bar. They felt some sort of connection instantly during their first meeting and and went outside for a walk and sat under a tree and talked for hours. The funny part is both of them were dating someone else at that moment.
However, a couple of months later they were single and their love story blossomed. The couple has been married for almost nine years now and they are blessed with two beautiful children. Blaine’s brother Ben Lawrence is a professional web designer and managing partner of an IT company named Louisville Geek. His wife, Meredith Lawrence is the director of her sister-in-law’s Jennifer Lawrence Arts Fund in Louisville, which she runs along with her in-laws, Gary and Karen. Ben and Meredith are blessed with three children.
Camp Hi Ho entertains kids ranging from 4 to 12. It is a summer day camp where children are engaged in various physical activities like swimming, boating, and fishing on the lake and can have fun while horseback riding or climbing on the wall climb. After the retirement of their mother, Blaine has taken over the responsibilities of Camp Hi-Ho and he has wholeheartedly dedicated his life to his career as the Director of it. Camp Hi-Ho – used to be a popular spot for Jennifer and her family to holiday when she was younger, which was founded by her mother and is now run by Jennifer’s brother Blaine Lawrence.
Personal pic of Jennifer Lawrence at Camp Hi-Ho in 2012 now untagged http://t.co/xZFiDWLL1x pic.twitter.com/IVwzNezjTQ— Jennifer Lawrence (@the_jlawrence) March 9, 2014
It was once partially destroyed by fire over a weekend in November 2020 including the camp’s main barn space. Although fire did considerable damage to their beloved camp, no people or animals were harmed during the incident. It’s also reported that the camp’s Pet Barn – which helps to rehome foster puppies and kittens was not affected in the fires. The sudden mishap devastated the whole Lawrence family and the campers. But they did not give up. Soon after the incident, they started rebuilding the campsite with help and donations from public.
Some Interesting Facts About Blaine Lawrence
- Blaine’s famous sister and world-renowned actress, Jennifer Shrader Lawrence has given great performances in films like ‘Silver Linings Playbook‘ (2012) as Tiffany, ‘American Hustle‘ (2013) as Rosalyn Rosenfeld, and ‘X-Men: First Class‘ (2011) as Raven/ Mystique. During her childhood, Lawrence performed in church plays and school musicals. She was spotted by a talent scout while vacationing in New York City with her family when she was 14.
- Jennifer started her acting career at the age of 9 years old and began her Hollywood career at the of 16 . She has remarked multiples times about how she learned to be “tough” like her older brothers as a child.
- She married Cooke Maroney in 2019 which makes Blaine Lawrence is the brother in law of Cooke Maroney now.
- She was deemed as the highest-paid actress in 2015/16, appeared on Time’s list of 100 most influential and motivational people in the world in 2013. Likewise, she has won a total of 90 awards including an Oscar, three Golden Globe Awards, four Critics Choice Awards, and more.
- Blaine has a self titled YouTube channel where he has videos dating back as old as 13 years.
Blaine’s mom karen was a cheerleader and used to enjoyed gymnastics while at the University of Louisville, during her college.