Eric Stocklin (Erik Flynn Stocklin) is an American actor who is known for his both TV shows and feature films. He received so much appreciation from his fans critics for his performances in the TV series ‘Stalker’ and the Netflix original series ‘Haters Back Off.’ He also has a musical background and is a composer. He works on musical projects on the side. He then appeared in a guest role in the supernatural drama series ‘The Vampire Diaries’ before making his cinematic debut in the film ‘Donner Pass’.
His first TV series role was a recurring role as Greg in First Day (2010) and gained fame when he was starred opposite Colleen Ballinger-Evans in Netflix’s new comedy series Haters Backoff. It delves into the oddball family life of Miranda Sings (Ballinger-Evans), an incredibly confident, totally untalented star on the rise and Patrick (Erik), Miranda’s neighbor and best friend. He married Colleen Banger (American YouTuber, actress, comedian, singer and writer best known for her fictional character, Miranda Sings) in 2018 and have three children with her.
|Name||Erik Flynn Stocklin|
|Profession||Actor and Composer|
|Date of Birth||24 September 1982|
|Age (as in 2021)||39|
|Birth Place||Freehold Township, New Jersey, USA|
|Current City||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in feet inches - 6 ' 1"
in centimeters - 185 cm
in meters - 1.85 m
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms - 75 kg
in pounds - 165 lbs
|Body Measurements||Chest - 40-inch
Waist - 31-inch
Arms - 14-inch
Shoe size - 10 (US)
|Educational Qualification||Bachelors Degree in Theater|
|University||Southern Connecticut State University (2007)|
|Acting Training||Circle in the Square Theater School, NYC|
|Family, Relationship & More|
|Parents||Father: Brian Flynn Stocklin
Mother: Anita Kay/Koy
Brook D Stocklin
|Wife / Spouse||Colleen Ballinger|
|Children||Flynn Timothy Stocklin,
Wesley Koy Stocklin, Maisy Joanne Stocklin
|Net Worth (approx)||$3 million|
Eric started dating his Haters Back Off! co-star Colleen Ballinger in 2018 (shortly after the show was cancelled) and they got married and had a baby the same year. They were open about their affair, and they often used to spend time together and appeared together on public, shows, as well as on Colleen’s YouTube videos. After dating for a few months, the pair got engaged in June 2018 and exchanged vows shortly after a few months.
Nevertheless, they kept the news to themselves and left the fans in shock by marrying secretly. Ballinger was already pregnant when they married and the pair welcomed their baby son Flynn Timothy Stocklin on 10th December 2018.
When talking about their relationship, Colleen said “It really was just a friendship story that turned into more, And we’re very much in love and very much the happiest people ever.” She also opened up about why they kept their dating from the public eye at first. “He is not an Internet person. He’s not a YouTuber, He’s not a social media star. And he’s really terrified of the Internet… but I can’t hide it anymore.” she explained.
In Jan 2021, Collen faced a miscarriage but later in May she announced that she is pregnant again and expecting twins. She gave birth to May Wesly (son) and Maisy (daughter) on November 6 2021.
- Alive (II) [2021 TV Film, as Scott Kane]
- Man Camp [2019, as Kevin]
- Miranda Sings Live… Your Welcome [2019, as Patrick]
- Hollow Body [2018, as Zach]
- The Bad Guys [2018, as Noah]
- Grey Sheep [2013, as Paul]
- Nesting [2012, as Ben]
- Donner Pass [2011, as Thomas]
TV Series List–
- None of the Above [2021, as Jeremy Pennie]
- Good Trouble [2021, as Matt]
- Lucifer [2019, as Julian McCaffrey]
- Timeless [2018, as John Hinckley Jr.]
- Haters Back Off! [2016-17, as Patrick]
- Girlboss [2017, as Dr. Josh]
- Criminal Minds [2016, as Brian Phillips]
- Major Crimes [2015, as Brad Powell]
- Stalker [2014-15, as Perry Whitley]
- Bones [2014, as Noah Gummersall]
- Mistresses [2013, as Sam Grey]
- Let’s Big Happy [2012, as Ryan]
- The Vampire Diaries [2011, as Stevie]
- Krog (2010) as Loudmouth
- First Day (2010) as Gregg
Some Interesting Facts About Erik Stocklin
- While in college, Erik performed at regional venues like Elm Shakespeare Company for four summers. Roughly a year after graduating, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career as a screen actor. He collaborated with actors like Alyssa Milano and Jennifer Esposito, Maggie Q, Dylan McDermott, and Mia Sorvino in his career.
- He is a living proof that an ambitious graduate from Southern Connecticut State University can rise a long way up in the Hollywood stars in a short time period if he has the will and talent.
- He has also appeared in national commercials for Marmot, Apple, Hyundai, Mazda and McDonald’s. But while describing the pressures of being cast in such notable productions, he said “It’s a lot of pressure because you know the company is spending upwards of 5 million dollars just for the 30 seconds of airtime not including the huge production costs. And also millions people will see you in their homes at once.”
- Before meeting Erik, Colleen married Joshua David Evans (fellow youtube star and long time boyfriend) on 2 July 2015, but they failed to continue their relationship and got divorced a year later. Their marriage lasted only a short period even though they were together for over a decade.
- Ballinger features comedy and her lifestyle videos on her personal YouTube channel. She is also an author has released two best-selling books (written in Miranda’s voice) Selp-Helf, and My Diarrhe. Forbes ranked her No.5 on their list of top entertainment influencers of 2017.
Erik and Colleen currently co-host the podcast Relax! With Colleen and Erik and has more than 260k subscribers as of now.
They performed “The Hug Song”, which Ballinger wrote with a three-year-old boy named Parker. Ballinger played the piano and sang, while Stocklin played the ukelele and sang background vocals on ‘Colleen Vlogs’ channel.