Mafalda Fonseca is a plus-size model and social media celebrity who got famous through her modeling career. She got famous when her photos went viral on social media, particularly on Instagram where she is active with her ID @myfavouritemilkshake and got fans from all over the world. She was born on May 24, 1992, in Portugal.
When she was young she believed that the kilos dictated her value, but now with the maturity of her age, she became a body-positive activist. Mafalda, along with some other plus-sized models, fights for inclusion, acceptance and against fatphobia.
|Profession||Model, Entrepreneur, and Social Media Influencer|
|Date of Birth||24 May 1992|
|Age (as in 2023)||31|
|Birth Place||Lisbon, Portugal|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in feet inches - 5 '6"
in centimeters - 168 cm
in meters - 1.68 m
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms -
in pounds -
|Breast Type||Natural/ Real|
|Family, Relationship & More|
|Net Worth (approx)||$ 200k|
|Business E-mail||[email protected]|
Mafalda’s beautiful curvaceous body is stunning and sensual. But still, she had to push herself through the concepts of body positivity, body neutrality, fatphobia, thin privilege and much more. Now, she presents herself as a lingerie promoter and she is not afraid to show her body anymore. She collaborated with many brands such as Sculptresse Lingerie, YesStyle, Love Panache, Mingalondon and Shopcider. She is also the ambassador of the Shein Curve brand.
When Mafalda was young and while playing with her friends, she said that she wanted to be Aurora, (a character from “Sleeping Beauty”). But the first comment from her friend was regarding her body. In her words, “My best friend told me, ‘You can’t be Aurora because princesses aren’t fat.‘” She grew up thinking she was different because she was systematically told she didn’t meet the standard. Her childhood and teenage days were filled with bullying, sometimes it even resulted in physical assaults.
For a long time, Mafalda went through restrictive diets as she thought she was the one who had an obligation to fit into her clothes and not the other way around. But when she joined the team at the lingerie store Dama de Copas, then she realized that it was not her but the clothes that had to fit her. Later, she lost weight, went to a new school, and her family & friends congratulated her on her new weight. It’s like she accomplished her goal, but the problem was born again.
She started to develop an eating disorder, with periods of highly restrictive diets and others of binge eating, of great voracity. She said: “I either ate almost nothing or I ate everything.” She had to work hard for it with disciple and is now committed to intuitive eating, which involves understanding when we are hungry, when we are full, what foods will nourish the body, and knowing how to differentiate between emotional and physical hunger.
Some Interesting Facts About Mafalda Fonseca
- According to some sources, Mafalda Fonseca always liked fashion but started studying law. After three years, she gained the courage to drop out of college and waited a year to see if it was really fashion that she wanted to do.
- Later, after completing several courses and workshops, she enrolled in the former Citex, now Modatex, and finished the fashion design course in 2012. She even launched her own collection.
- Talking about Body Positivity, Mafalda commented: “Body positivity is a subject that is very fashionable and that is being capitalized on a lot, because brands have already realized that it is a topic that sells.”
- She has more than 75k followers on her Instagram account. Considering her craze, she needs to be active on more social media networks.
- Her fans would love to see her on OnlyFans displaying her plus-sized curves exclusively for them. But for now, she seems like she doesn’t have any such intentions.