Medapati Sharmila Reddy is the first-ever chairman of Rajahmundry Urban Development Authority (RUDA), Ex Floor leader for Rajahmahendravaram Municipal Corporation and District Official Spokesperson of the YSRCP party. She is the daughter-in-law of Medapati Seetharama Reddy who was a philanthropist and social activist and her husband’s name is Medapati Anil Reddy. She is a well-educated person, a social activist by choice and also a business entrepreneur. Her focus though is centered on women-empowerment and girl child education and health.
|Name||Medapati Sharmila Reddy|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in centimeters - 167 cm
in meters - 1.67 m
in feet inches - 5 feet 6 inches
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms - 65 kg
in pounds - 143 lbs
Yuvajana Shramika Raithu Congress (YSR Congress)
|Date of Birth||28 March|
|Age (as in 2022)||32|
|Hometown||Rajamahendravaram, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|School||St. Anns School, Rajahmundry|
|College/University||Intermediate - Alpha college (Vizag)
B.Tech - SRKR college, Bhimavaram
|Educational Qualificaion||Bachelor of Techology (B.Tech)|
|Food Habit||Non Vegetarian|
|Controversy||Her son was kidnapped but was released safely in 2017.|
|Family, Relationship & More|
|Parents||Father - will be updated
|Children||Son: Siddharth Abhinav Reddy
|Contact Details||Phone Number : NA
Some Interesting Facts About Medapati Sharmila Reddy
- Sharmila Reddy’s father was an engineer in NTPC and used to travel all over India but later started some business and finally settled in Rajahmundry which is her mother’s hometown.
- She has a brother, 5 years younger to her. He studied MS in the US and currently working in Hyderabad.
- Sharmila was a topper in the college and used to dream about going to America and living on her own as she has a very independent mindset. But marriage was fixed to her in the third year of her B. Tech and married in her final year.
- Still, she continued her studies even after her marriage with her husband’s support. She did MBA and appeared for group 1 civil exams.
- Later, she wanted to carry on her uncle’s social service (Medapati Seetharama Reddy who received the Bharatha Jyothi award and Gem of India award) and came into politics.
- Sharmila Reddy participated in the padayatra along with Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy in the East Godavari district.
- Being a chairman of RUDA, she is also the Corporator of Ward-3 (Nehru Nagar, Subba Rao Peta, Rajendra Nagar, Rajamahendravaram).