Miles Raney is the eldest son of son of Marty Raney, who is a popular mountain climber, hunter and songwriter. He is the star of of the Discovery show ‘Homestead Rescue‘ who settled with his wife and family in the wilderness of Alaska. Miles was born in Sitka, Alaska and achieved a good name as a mountain biker and a traveler. He likes to live a low-key life enjoying nature but he has completed his journey of solo mountain bike trek around the world of 200,000 km. He also participated in the 2014 Alaska Mountain Wilderness Ski Classic. He has a brother and two sisters namely Matt Raney, Misty Raney and Melanee Raney.
|Profession||Traveler, Mountain Biker and Guide|
|Famous For||Son of Marty Raney|
|Age (as in 2022)||45|
|Place of Birth||Sitka, Alaska, USA|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in feet inches - 6 '3"
in centimeters - 183 cm
in meters - 1.83 m
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms - 87 kg
in pounds - 191 lbs
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Family, Relationship & More|
|Parents:||Father: Marty Raney
Mother: Mollee Raney
|Siblings||Brother: Matt Raney,
Sisters: Misty Raney,
|Wife / Spouse||NA|
|Net Worth||will be updated|
Miles Raney, who is the eldest among four siblings is known to be a traveler as he travels to several countries around the world. Marty’s first-born is Miles Raney and second child is Melanee Raney. Misty Raney is the youngest of four children, which leaves Matt Raney as the third. Some people estimate that the age of Raney is 45. As there is an age gap of approximately two years between all the Raney siblings and the age of Raney has been estimated on the basis that his younger sister (Melanee) was born in 1979.
The survival show (Homestead Rescue) features the siblings of Miles, including Misty Raney, and Matthew Raney. But he rarely appears on the show only to provide information about his location details. Apart from his adventurous works, Miles has also appeared in several films. His roles in these movies were very close and similar to the passion that he follows in real life. He played the role of a Denali climbing guide in ‘Spirit of Alaska’. In ‘Surviving Denali’ he played the role of a sound man, and in the film ‘Han’, he appeared in the role of a talented guide and musician.
Marty Raney, who got his reality TV start on Ultimate Survival Alaska has traveled across the United States motivating people live off the grid through his hit show Homestead Rescue: Raney Ranch since 2014. It has already completed 8 seasons by now. The entire Raney family are expert hunters and has been living on their 40-acre plot located in Haines Borough, Alaska which is not far from Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve.
Marty also wrote songs like Adam and steve, I really caribou you, Alaska tattooed lady, You never wrote, Strummit from the summit, Fireweed and Ranger Stu, Him & the Mountains, and I’ve Been Everywhere. He got criticism from some people because he sang songs that were against gay people. People were surprised when they heard the words as the lyrics were homophobic.
He said “I’m a man of action. I’m a man that gets something done, right or wrong, nothing happens until someone starts moving- so standing around talking doesn’t do much for me.”
Some Interesting Facts About Miles Raney
- Miles Raney climbed the mountain Denali (aka Mount McKinley) which is the highest mountain peak in North America. He was also the climbing guide for other crew members of the film. Also, this mountain is the third most isolated peak on the earth. The first two in rankings are Mount Everest and Aconcagua.
- Matt Raney married Katie and has two kids. A son (Indy) and a daughter, Misty Raney married Maciah Bilodeau. But Miles Raney has not revealed to his relationship status as of now.
- He traveled many countries across the globe like India, Mangolia, Nigeria, Mali, Gabon, Senegal and Indonesia etc.
- Marty resides in Alaska with his beautiful wife, Mollee Raney (Mollee Roestel). The couple has been together for more than 40-years surviving alongside the hard nature of Alaska. When the kids were just 10-years-old, they made them trek the Chilkoot Pass, the dangerous trail which the family successfully completed. In the midst of Alaska (where there is no power, plumbing, or water) with such a life lesson provided to the kids by the Raney couple, the children surely grow up to be tough.
- Miles’ sister Melanee was raised in the Talkeetna mountains, exploring Hatcher Pass and beyond. She has also climbed and skied on Denali like her brother, been a raft and ski guide in Girdwood for over seven years, and has taught guitar and piano lessons since she was 15.
- Miles Raney is not much active on social media but you can follow him on his Instagram handle.