Miranda Rijnsburger is a former Dutch-born Spanish model. Her birth name is Miranda Johanna Maria Rijnsburger. Despite her successful modeling career, the beautiful blonde is famous for being the wife of Julio Iglesias (Spanish singer-songwriter), who is the father of International celebrity Enrique Iglesias.
Her daughters, Victoria Iglesias and Cristina Iglesias, are also into modeling now and slowly gaining fame in the glamour industry. She sometimes dazzles with her beauty on her twin daughters’ social media accounts.
Despite her birth in the Netherlands, her professional nationality is Spanish. She has featured in several advertisements, photo sessions, and campaigns during her modeling career. She has posed for several well-known Spanish publications, like Seventeen, Teen Vogue, and many more. Even in her fifties, she is shocking her fans as she still looks smoking hot.
|Famous For||Wife of Julio Iglesias|
|Date of Birth||5 October 1965|
|Age (as in 2023)||58|
|Birth Place||Leimuiden, Netherlands|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in feet inches - 5 ' 11"
in centimeters - 180 cm
in meters - 1.8 m
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms - 62 kg
in pounds - 137 lbs
|Shoe Size||8 (U.K)|
|Family, Relationship & More|
|Parents||will be updated|
|Husband / Spouse||Julio Iglesia|
|Children||Sons: Miguel Alejandro Iglesias,
Daughters: Victoria Iglesias,
|Net Worth (approx)||$9 Million|
Miranda was born in Leimuiden, the Netherlands, on October 2, 1965, and worked in various industries, including technology and fashion. She lost her father, who is a crane operator, due to a brain tumor when she was 24 years old. It affected her so much that she decided to take a few weeks’ vacation from her recruitment company in Rotterdam and went to the island of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean.
There, a Canadian photographer convinced her to pose in swimwear. She accepted it, and since then, her offers have not stopped. Her modeling career took off, and she traveled to several countries during her year-long modeling career.
Miranda met Julio Iglesias for the first at the Jakarta airport (Indonesia) in late 1990 when she was traveling for work, and it was love at first sight for him. They say that as soon as the singer met her, he said to one of the friends who accompanied him on that trip: “That little girl is going to be my wife.”
Julio approached her to see him sing that night. After the performance, he asked her to accompany him on his tour of Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, and Tokyo, to which she accepted again. At that time, he was 47 years old while she was 25.
In her words, “In Jakarta airport, a distant ruckus caught my attention. It was Julio Iglesias. I saw him surrounded by women, and I thought that one of them was his wife. He approached me and suggested that I go see him sing that night. I thought about it and finally agreed.”
“Later, when he returned to the Netherlands for Christmas, calls from Julio Iglesias were constant. He invited me to the New Year’s concert he gave in Las Vegas, and, little by little, everything came to light. In the middle of 1991, I settled in his house in Indian Creek.”
After 20 years together and five children together, the mid-aged hot model said yes to the singer in Malaga at a private ceremony in the presence of their five children at the couple’s ranch in Ojen, near the resort town of Marbella.
Miranda said that she was the least interested of the two in getting married as she already feels like his wife after five children and 20 years together. Julio Iglesias affirmed that, saying, “Miranda had not the slightest curiosity of what it means to get married.“
For the singer, it was his second marriage. In 1971, he married Filipina Isabel Presell Arrestee (an ex-model, journalist, and television host), with whom he had three children: María Isabel aka Chabeli (Spanish journalist and socialite), Julio José (singer) and Enrique Miguel (singer and songwriter) who needs no introduction. But the same couple separated in 1979.
The couple (Miranda and Julio) welcomed their first child, Miguel Alejandro, on September 7, 1997. They gave birth to their second son, Rodrigo, on April 3, 1999. After two years, they had two beautiful twins, Victoria and Cristina, on May 1, 200, at Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami. The couple’s youngest, Guillermo, was born, also in Miami, on May 5, 2007.
They took up residence in the Dominican Republic, where Iglesias had acquired several hotel complexes, golf courses, and even Punta Cana International Airport, which he acquired jointly with other investors, including fashion designer Oscar de la Renta.
Recently, Miranda moved to Miami with her children to support them in their careers. On the other hand, Enrique lives in Miami with former tennis player Anna Kournikova, with whom he has been for 20 years and had three children.
Some Interestng Facts About Miranda Rijnsburger
- Miranda’s husband and long-time boyfriend, Julio Iglesias, has sold roughly 300 million copies of his music worldwide in 14 different languages of his 80 studio albums. He has given over 5,000 concerts in 600 cities in a career spanning over four decades. Julio’s already incalculable fortune has led him several times to stand in the list of the ’10 richest artists in the world’ by Forbes magazine.
- She enjoys her passion for horses with her children. In the European summer, they move to Marbella and spend all their time in Cuatro Lunas. Her daughters are pet lovers, and a good proof of this is that they have even created an Instagram profile, Iglesiaszoo, in which they upload images of their canine pets.
- This gorgeous lady has suffered an accident that almost cost her life at 19 years of age in Sauerland, Germany. It all happened when she was skiing for the first time on a black slope, and unfortunately, she jumped down a slope that made her lose control, so she ended up falling with fractures in the vertebra and in the nose.
- Her mother, Paula Bakker, died in April 2020 as a result of a long illness. Paula, a native of Leimuiden (Holland), very close to Amsterdam, lived with her daughter in Miami. She has been a great support to her since her father died. A pain that both Cristina and Victoria reflected as a farewell on their social networks.
- She has a younger sister named Anitta, who is three years younger than her, and they grew up in a houseboat in their native town, Leimuiden, which was a town of 4,000 people only. After elementary school, she attended an institution at Alphen aan den Rijn. She revealed that it was a 40-minute drive to school from her houseboat, and she had to pedal 11 kilometers on a cycle to get to school. Later, she enrolled in an executive secretarial course, which later helped her secure a job in a computer company.
- Another interesting fact is that she was a model only for a year.
- Miranda is the administrator and the one who controls the reins of the family economy. So, she is called a “landowner” by the international media. She was not much seen in public recently except a few times, and one of them was when she attended an event in 2019. She attended the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in Madrid with her son Miguel de Ella.