Mozhan Marno is an Iranian-American film and television actress. She is famous for acting as Samar Navabi (Agent Navabi) in The Blacklist. The Mentalist and in House of Cards are equally famous too. She also gave her voice for Mirabelle Ervin and Namira in the video game ‘The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim‘ and for Bibi Golestan in 1979 Revolution: Black Friday.
She is aso a playwright. “When the Lights went out” (which is her first play) premiered at New York Stage & Film starring Laura Innes and Directed by Kate Whoriskey. Mozhan Marno’s mother is an Iranian and Father is an American. They met in California and got married. Mozhan is multi linguistic. Apart from English, she can speak German, French, Persina and some Italian.
Marno has got married recently and having a very happy married life.
|Date of Birth||3 May 1980|
|Age (as in 2021)||41|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Currently living in||Brooklyn, NYC, USA|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in feet inches - 5 feet 9 1/2 inches
in centimeters - 177 cm
in meters - 1.77 m
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms - 65 kg
in pounds - 143 lb
|Family, Relationship & More|
|Educational Qualification||B.A in French and German comparitive Literature|
|Schooling||Phillips Academy, Andover, Massachusetts|
|College||Barnard college of Columbia University|
|Acting classes||MFA in Yale School of Drama|
|Achievements||2015 - Nominated for Screen Actors Guild Awards for her performance in Drama series 'House of Cards'
2009 - Got nominated for Satelite Awards in the category of Best Supporting Actress for 'The Stoning of Soraya M' Movie
|Networth||USD $2 Million (approx)|
Mozhan Marno’s Deubut Movie is Charlie Wilson’s War(2007). She played the role of a refugee camp translator. After gaining success, she then frequently appeared in various film and TV projects.
Some of her other popular TV series include ‘The Paul Reiser Show‘, ‘Hung‘, ‘Bones‘, ‘The Unit‘, ‘Medium‘, ‘K-Ville‘ and ‘Girls walk home alone at night‘ which was directed by Ana Wood under his own production house.
Interesting Facts of Mozhan Marno
- Mozhan Marno played the title role in the film ‘The Stoning of Soraya M‘ (2008), about a woman who was falsely accused by her husband for adultery, resulting in her death by stoning.
- She has received her additional training in acting at ‘Guthrie Theater‘ in Minnesota and at the ‘Public Theater’s Shakespeare Lab‘ in New York.
- She received rave reviews for the one woman show ‘Nine Parts of Desire‘ in which she portrayed 9 different Middle-Eastern women. It ran in Berkeley Repertory Theater and at the Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles.
- Marno also appearead in the sshort film which was directed and written by herself and luckily it also screened at the Noor Iranian Film Festival, and the DC Asian Pacific American Film Festival.
- Her Instagaram ID has 169k followers.