Sri Pamula Narasayya is a saint like figure from the state of Andhra Pradesh and is very popular in Telugu speaking states of India. He is known to have cured thousands of people from snake bite by using Garuda mantra. Though he saved many people from fatal snakebites in his lifetime, but he never charged anyone for his service.
It is our fortune that such a person has walked on this land but unfortunately his life is not celebrated as it deserves to be. Any evidence of his greatness or his details are very rarely available on the Internet now.
|Original Name||Cherukumilli Venkata Lakshmi Narasimha Rao|
|Famous for||Removing the toxicity of a snake bite|
|Life time||20th Century|
Pamula Narasayya, as a child has visited Kasi (Varanasi) once and was bathing in the River Ganga. Fortunately, there he was spotted by The Peetadhipathi of Sr Sringeri Sharada Mutt(a religious and spiritual monastery eastablished by His Holiness Sri Adi Shankaracharya). Noticing the peculiarly resplendent face of Sri Narasayya, the Peetadhipathi felt that he is destined to do great deeds for the benefit of the society. So he did Manthropadesam (initiation into) of Garuda Manra, which possesses the power as an antidote to the snake poison. (Garuda is a kite-like bird and is called as’King of Birds’ in Sanatana Dharma, is an enemy of serpents).
After that Sri Narasayya, meditated deeply on the Mantra for many years and did lakhs of repititions(Mantra Purascharana). He came to possess the power to dissolve and remove the toxicity of any kind of snake bite just by reciting the mantra and saved thousands of lives.
When India was undet the British rule, a british official near Madras City (Chennai) was bitten by a poisonous snake. There were no doctors and around and the treatment by the local quacks using herbal methods proving to be ineffecting and he was at the verge of death. At that time Sri Narasayya happened to pass by that place and volunteered to help through the Mantra. The officer agreed because he had no choice. But to his pleasant surprise, he became fully cured within half an hour.
Humbled by this experience and as a token of respect towards Narasayya’s mystical skill and his helping nature, the officer appointed him the local railway station which was equipped with a telephone. (In those days on ly train stations are telephonically well-connected). The purpose of telephone was that people could call Narasayya from any near by railway station and get cured as he recited the Mantra to the victim on the phone. Subsequently, he was promoted as a Superintendent at Madras Railway Station.
Some Interesting Facts About Sri Pamula Narasayya
- Sri Pamula Narasayya’s telephone contact numbers were displayed as emergency contacts in all railway stations. So that, people could call him when needed.
- Sri Narsayya used to take out a handy rag of clothe and he would tie a knot and keep chanting the Garuda Mantra to the patient on the phone. Once, he was satisfied that the patient will be healed, he would pour a little sand into the rag and knot it up again and tie it to a nearby tree. This completed the treatment.
- Sri Pamula Narasayya visited Germany 22 times and did a world tour 23 times as he was invited by them.
- Once, he was called to Russia to test his method. But these conniving people decided to use a venomous snake on Narasayya himself. Understnading their malicious intentions, he warned them not to go ahead with their plan. Sadly, these men did not pay heed and did it anyway. Narasayya remained unaffected but the snake died.
- He is also an alchemist and has done alchemy even in the presence of the professors of Andhra University.