Renni Rucci is an American rapper, model, and Instagram influencer from South Carolina. Her real name is Courtney Rene. She is best recognized for her hit songs “Roll In Peace” and “Everybody” and remix versions of songs of 21 Savage’s “Bank Account,” Cardi B’s “Bodak Yellow” and Lil Baby’s “Freestyle.”
She started her rapping career by creating popular remixes of singers like Cardi B and 21 Savage. Her songs are filled with killer beats and rough honesty. The South Carolina rapper has garnered millions of views and signed with Quality Control.
Renni started off her career as an exotic dancer, where she danced in a strip club. Slowly, with her effort and talent, she has grown to fame from a daily wage worker to a model and rapper. She struggled hard to earn a living in the beginning years of her career.
Renni Rucci serves as an icon for female hustlers, establishing herself through a series of freestyles; by far, she is one of the biggest female musicians to emerge from Carolina, leveraging her social media following and music to bigger heights. In 2019, she released her debut project, Big Renni, which paved the way for her to be an XXL Freshman contender in 2020. She dated Foogiano (Kwame Khalil Brown) for a while.
|Rapper and Model
|Date of Birth
|2 October 1991
|Age (as in 2023)
|Irmo, South Carolina, U. S.
|Mixed (Irish & Afro-American)
|Physical Stats & More
|in feet inches - 5 ' 3"
in centimeters - 168 cm
in meters - 1.68 m
|in kilograms - 62 kg
in pounds - lbs
|Family, Relationship & More
|Boyfriend / Spouse
|Net Worth (approx)
Rucci is of mixed ethnicity; her father is an Irish man, while her mother is an African-American woman. Her family moved to Columbia when she was just about 9 years old. There, she found her interest in rap and used to rap with her friends in school.
Later, when she started working as a dancer, she decided to give it a try in modeling. She has worked as a model for a Columbia-based modeling agency. Renni has even modeled for several brands and has appeared in many popular magazines. At that time, Rucci was getting popular on Instagram through her modeling pictures and flawless dance videos. As time passed, she thought of pursuing a career in music, which she liked since she was a kid.
Renni is very proud of where she is from; she said, “[Growing up] we played outside, we had big yards, we rode go-karts and four-wheelers. We climbed trees and picked plums. Picked up pecans and sold ‘em. Like, really, country. All our cousins stay in the same area.”
Renna said about her struggling period: “I didn’t finish high school. I had my first child when I was 16. My kids’ father is black and used to rap. He went to prison for 8 years, three months before our daughter was born. I worked two and three minimum wage jobs at a time to provide for my kids, and I still was a child. It was hard being a young and single parent.“
And while talking about her passion, she said: “You have to pay for studio time and production. I’m a mom; I have two kids. I don’t have a career, and I’m working dead-end jobs. I couldn’t focus on that. I kept dancing, focused on getting money, and ensuring my kids had what they needed. I earned and saved enough money to where I can do what I want to do. I get to invest in stuff, buy whatever, get back in the studio, and pay for studio time.”
Her stage name (Renni Rucci), Renni, is derived from her middle name, Rene, and Rucci is taken from the brand Gucci. She also had some other stage names before becoming famous; some of them are “Courtney Love” and “Bella.”
Renni Rucci and Kevin Gates (Kevin Jerome Gilyard) linked up for “Hands On Ya Knees.” In real life, Kevin is married and has been together with his wife, Dreka, for a long time. But some fans have slammed the wrong speculations that surfaced online about their relationship, which is only professional.
Renni responded, “Kevin actually presented the opportunity to me; he had the song, wanted a female on, and let me have my shot with it. He really was all for helping me excel in my career and has shown a lot of support to me, which I’m very grateful for.”
But Renni dated Foogiano for a while. Foogiano was sentenced to jail in March 2021 after being on the “run” since December 2020. He allegedly cut off his monitor ankle bracelet, violating his probation. He had cut off his ankle monitor stemming from a previous firearm charge and left Atlanta to attend a funeral in Memphis, Tenn. His monitor was found on the side of the road.
Renni has publicly shown her loyalty to Foo and even called out the judge in Foo’s case over alleged racism.
She said, “This shouldn’t be allowed because it shows racial prejudice. Judge William A. Pryor of Greene County, GA, called out for blatantly calling someone the N-word in court. Returned from his suspension and is back as a senior judge sending more brothers and sisters to jail.”
Talking about how their relationship started, she shared that she DMed him first, but it was only to collaborate on music, and after, he replied when their relationship started. She disclosed, “[Foogiano] hit me, he’s like, ‘You don’t have to have nobody reach out to me,’ and we just started talking from there, and we never stopped. We went from talking in the DMs about a studio session to being on the phone every day.”
Foogiano, The father of six kids, proposed to the curvaceous rapper from behind bars. He sent her a birthday package for her 30th birthday with a shiny diamond engagement ring in it. She celebrated the proposal by sharing a series of pictures of the package on her Instagram account. Along with it, she wrote a caption that read, “Best birthday ever! #DirtyThirty from a girlfriend to fiance.”
But later, they broke up. Renni further explained that she did not cheat on her ex. At the same time, she stressed that she made sure he was “good and taken care of” while serving his 5-year sentence for a parole violation. In the message, she declares that even though she is no longer with Foogiano, she still cares for him.
But new photos surfaced showing Renni getting close with another rapper, PG, which leads her fans to speculate about her new relationship, but we can’t say anything for sure for now.
Some Interesting Facts About Renna Rucci
- Rucci uses her vivacious curves and the art of seduction in her photoshoots, and to be honest, her hot body also played a key role in achieving the success of what she is today. She is appreciated not only for her talent but also for her sexy looks and confidence. Her beautiful curves always made her special, and she knows how a woman needs to carry herself.
- She has tattoos on her right arm, right thigh, bicep of the right arm, shoulder, and one between her neck. Most of her tattoos are butterflies, and she has a love quote tattoo on her arm.
- “Love and Hip Hop Atlanta” has made headlines in its new season. The show’s season 10 episode 5 titled ‘A Ruff Road’, featured Renni Rucci as a cast member.
- This flawless curved beauty said she was inspired by Charli Baltimore, Eve, and Andre 3000. Rene has more than 1.6 million followers on her Instagram account.
- She Likes to Take Her Shoes Off In The Studio to feel more comfortable. And her favorite outfits to wear are shorts and leggings as they complement and visualize her curves perfectly.
Renni Rucci has her own YouTube channel, in which she has more than 350k subscribers.
- Breaking into the music industry is something that usually takes years for many people. But that wasn’t the case for Renni. She got signed within 6 months of taking music seriously. She said, “I didn’t have any original content out. I was just jackin’ beats and putting videos up to them.” Even before her music career took off, Renni was no stranger to performing, as she had worked as a stripper and pole dancer before.
- She had a conflict with her mom when she was too nosey, and Renni thought she was damaging her reputation behind her back, which we can see in the video below.