Tulasi Shivamani, aka Actress Tulasi, is a multi-talented Indian actress known for her various supporting roles in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Hindi, and Malayalam movies. Tulasi acted in over 380 movies (as a child artist, lead actress, and supporting roles).In 1995, at the age of 28, she married Kannada Director Shivamani and now has a son named Sai Tarun. She won a Filmfare Award as Best Supporting Actress – Kannada for ‘Josh‘ Movie in 2009.
|Nick Name||Tulasi, Tullu|
|Date of Birth||20 June 1967|
|Age (as in 2023)||56|
|Home town & Current city||Chennai|
|Hobbies||Listening Old Songs and Music|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in centimeters - 163 cm
in meters - 1.63 m
in feet inches - 5' 4"
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms - 75 kg
in pounds - 136 pounds
|Family, Relationship & More|
|Husband||Shivamani (Kannada Director)
In 1967, when she was just three months old, she acted in her first film. For a Telugu film named ‘Bharya,’ a baby was needed, and she was placed in the cradle. She was also in ‘Jeevanatarangalu’ movie at the age of one and a half years old. Then later, she went on to become a full-fledged actress at the age of three. As she started acting very young, she couldn’t go to school. But she can read and write in 3 languages and can speak in 5 languages fluently.
Tulasi is known for popular movies like Sankarabharanam (1980), Preminchu Pelladu (1985), Aranyakanda (1987), Chitram Bhalare Vichitram (1992), Darling (2010), Mr. Perfect (2011), Iddarammayilatho (2013) and Sarkar (2018).
Some Lesser Known Facts about Tulasi Shivamani
- Tulasi Shivamani is the granddaughter of Dr. Muthuvenkataraman, who was the private advisor in astrology of Indira Gandhi for 30 years.
- Tulasi has acted in more than 100 movies as a child actress; of them, around 70 characters, she played the role of a boy.
- She took a short break from acting after marriage to Kannada Director Shivamani, who directed around 28 movies in his career. In her words, she met Shivamani in the morning and married him in the evening on the same day.
- During her break from the movies, she gave her voice in dubbing for Ram Gopal Varma and Maniratnam movies.
- Tulasi’s mother was a close friend of veteran actresses Savitri and Anjali Devi and moved to Chennai upon their advice. Originally, they were from Tadepalligudem, Andhra Pradesh.
- Her son Sai Tarun has completed his BBA and is now working as an Assistant Director with Gowtham Vasudev Menon.
- Now, she started her third innings and has been seen in supporting roles, essaying the role of a mother.
- She is a Sai Baba devotee and also a philanthropist.