Yolanthe Cabau is a Spanish-Dutch Actress, TV host, Model, Designer, Fashionista & Founder of the ‘Free a Girl foundation‘. She was born on 19 March 1985 in the Balearic islands of Ibiza to a Spanish father and a Dutch mother. Yolanthe is also peopular for being the Ex-wife of Wesley Sneijder. Her career started with appearing in the Dutch productions Snowfever (2004), Costa! (2005) and a recurring role in the soap opera Onderweg naar morgen.
In 2006, she starred in the short film Turkse chick, which was nominated for Gauden Kaluf, the Dutch equivalent of Academy Award. But as the film contained a controversial sex scene and Cabau received backlash from the public. She later admitted that she regrets doing the scene.
|Birth Name||Yolanthe van Kasbergen|
|Profession||Actress, Model and Host|
|Date of Birth||19 March 1985|
|Age (as in 2022)||37|
|Birth Place||Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain|
|Current City||Los Angeles, USA|
|Ethnicity||Mixed (Spanish and Dutch)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in feet inches - 5 ' 6"
in centimeters - 168 cm
in meters - 1.68 m
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms - 58 kg
in pounds - 128 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Tattoo(s)||She has a tattoo on her back and another on back of her arm
|Family, Relationship & More|
|Parents||Father: Xavier Cabau
Mother: Richarda van Kasbergen
|Sister(s)|| Nathalie Cabau, Kalin Cabau,
|Boyfriend / Spouse||NA|
|Ex-Husband||Wesley Sneijder (m. 2010)|
|Children||Son: Xess Xava Sneijder|
|Net Worth (approx)||$1 Million|
Yolanthe’s father Xavier Cabau was a rich busniess man known as the “King of Ibiza”, who owned several discothèques, restaurants, and bars. But they faced financial difficulties after he became addicted to drugs. Then she had to move to the Netherlands along with her mother and siblings when she was just 5 years old and had most of her upbringing there. She has seven siblings, as well as five half-siblings from her father’s second marriage. Yolanthe started her acting career when she turned 17 and graduated from school.
Yolanthe was dathing singer Jan Smith from January 2007 till May 2009 but they ended their relationship a few days after Cabau was photographed with football player Wesley Sneijder. Cabau and Wesley got married on 17 July 2010 in Tuscany, Italy, six days after Sneijder played the final of the FIFA World Cup. Media declared them as one of the most envied couples in the world of football. The couple had a son named Xess Xava Sneijder together in 2015. Later, she changed her surname from Cabau van Kasbergen to Sneijder-Cabau, which she also used professionally as long as they were together as a couple.
The couple announced their decision to split up on March 5, 2019. There were signs of breakup before that when the actress deleted the surname Sneijder from her Instagram profile suggesting something bad is coming. However, they made it clear that there was not (yet) going to be a divorce. Yolanthe stopped using the name Sneijder-Cabau and refers to herself now as Yolanthe Cabau again. After the breakup she left for the United States with her son while Wesley stayed in the Netherlands.
Talking about her break up, she said: “Wesley is still an important part of my life. I will always love him, When I see him ( Wesley) happy, so am I. But if you don’t give happiness to someone else, how can you ever be happy yourself? Every morning when I take Xess to school, I have him facetime with his father, because I think it is important that they maintain a good relationship. The most important thing is that a child is not the victim and feels happy. In that regard, I think we have done well. When I look at Xess, I see a happy child. He loves his father, they have a great bond and together we make the best of it.”
She continued “I am officially single. That doesn’t mean I can’t have fun with someone. I’ve learned to live with myself, to truly find out who I am and to embrace and love that person completely, At the moment my focus is on Xess and my work, that is a mindset that I inherited from my mother from the past. Some things in life are out of your control, but it’s up to you how you deal with them, and ultimately that’s how you create your own life. I like that my child and I feel good and free. And that we get the most beautiful and the best out of life!”
Talking about her new life in Los Angeles, the beautiful ex-wife of Wesley Sneijder said: “There is a kind of freedom, you feel it from the moment you land. People are open minded and have dreams and goals, which they really go for. I love the healthy lifestyle , nature, the sea and the huge beaches. There are no opinions about me in LA and that gives me a certain freedom, which is priceless. I can see us staying here for years to come.”
Despite not being in a relationship at the moment, she would love to have more children. She commented: “I would really like to be a mother again one day. It has always been my dream to have a big family. Fortunately I still have the time… Only time will tell how, and when”.
She even loves to adop kids. Sharing her experience and thoughts about adoption, she said: “Not only do I want to do everything to protect my own child, but I want to protect all children. I’ve always had that, but since Xess there’s even more. It once seemed like it was about to happen, but then everything turned out differently. It’s not really easy to adopt a child, especially not as a single mom, so it depends on what my life will be like in the near future.“
Some Interesting Facts About Yolanthe Cabau
- Yolanthe Cabau has more than 1.3 million followers on her Instagram account and she has over 265k followers on Twitter.
- Yolanthe was voted as the “Sexiest Dutch Woman” for three years (2006, 2007, 2009 respectively) by the readers of the Dutch men’s magazine FHM.
- She also won BNN’s award for best actress.
- This Sexy Actress has helped saving 3,770 young women and girls from prostitution. She helped to remove thousands of people from brothels in Bangladesh, Brazil, Nepal, Netherlands and Thailand through the non-governmental organization “Free A Girl” founded in 2008 by her in Netherlands.
- The main goals of her foundation are to prevent child abuse and to rescue children who are being abused around the world, to help them to deal with those bitter experiences and to offer them a secure future by rehabilitate and re-integrate the victims and providing them jobs.
- After a few turbulent years, Yolanthe Cabau is doing much better again. She is still successful as an actress, works hard on Cabau Lifestyle and Free a Girl and is very happy with her son Xess.
- While talking about probable future relationship she said: “It’s a nice feeling to know that you can come home to someone. If, like me, you’re in a position where people constantly have an opinion about you, it’s nice to have someone who puts an arm around you and knows who you really are“.
In addition to her on screen career, and foundation (Free A Girl), she started her own clothing and jewellery brand (YC LABEL).
- She also owns a restaurant and Boutique on Ibiza called XaXa.
- She started Cabau Lifestyle, a platfrom where she shares about nutrition, recipes, sportswear, guided meditation, workout videos, beauty products, yoga and cool accessories!