Sony Komanduri is also known as Sahithi Komanduri is an Indian Playback Singer. She is the daughter of Ramachari Komanduri founder of Little Musicians Academy (who is also a music composer and a singer himself) and sister of Singer Saketh Komanduri. Her mother is a Sanskrit lecturer. Sony got fame from “Hamsa Nava” song from Bahubali-2.
|Profession||Indian Playback Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in centimeters -
in meters -
in feet and inches -
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms - will be updated
in pounds -
|Date of Birth||24 September 1998|
|Age (as in 2021)||23|
|Hometown & Current City||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Education Qualificaion||Mass Communication & Journalism|
|School||Little Flower High School, Abids, Hyderabad|
|College||St.Josephs Degree & PG College|
|Family, Relationship & More|
|Parents||Father - Ramachari Komanduri
Mother - Sujatha Dhawala
|Siblings||Brother - Saketh Komanduri
|Rose to Fame||'Hamsa Naava' Song [Bahubali-2]|
|Languages Sung||Telugu, Tamil and Kannada|
|Tattoo(s)||She has a tattoo on a leg|
|Singer||Arjith Singh and Katy Perry|
Sony Komanduri became famous after singing ‘Hamsa Nava’ from Bahubali- 2. In her music journey, she learnt basics of Carnatic Music at Smt. M.Padma and then at Sreenidhi Venkatesh who also sang ‘Kanna Nidurinchara‘ in the same movie. And she learnt Hindustani music at Apoorva Gajjala (Mumbai) who was once a student of her father. Turning poing in her life was when she had participated in a Carnatic music competition called ‘Bhajan Samrat,’ where oher team was led by her music teacher Smt.T. Sreenidhi. Sony and her team won that competition and that changed her perspective and dedication towards music.
Sony first gave her voice for Bommarillu serial in baby voice when she was studying second class. Later did anchoring when she is in thrid class for ‘Super Mom’ game show which was telecasted in Z Telugu Channel.
And her first song was for Manorama movie is in child voice too under music direction of Koti. Later she sang in Rajanna and Varudu too. Her first foreign performance was during her seventh class was for 150 years celebrations of ‘Malaysia World Telugu Federation’ held at, Putrajaya Convention Centre, one of the biggest conventions in the world.
Some Interesting Facts About Sony Komanduri
- As a child, Sony Komanduri participated in shows like ‘Saregamapa Little Champs’, ‘Paadutha Teeyaga’ and ‘Vijetha’ and made upto Top 10 and Top 6.
- She worked for the background score in movies like ‘Om Namo Venkateshaya‘, ‘Lachimi Deviki Oka Lekkundi‘, ‘Size Zero’ and also some bit songs for ‘Show time’. ‘Chocolate chinnadi’ song in ‘Selfie Raja’ composed by Sai Karthik was her first song whcich she sang completely.
- Sony’s original name is Sahithi. Sony is her nickname. But Music Director Keeravani chose her stage name as Sony Komanduri instead of Sahithi to avoid the confusion as there are other singers with that name.
- She also completed grades in Trinity school of music (A.R. Rahman Music School).
- Sony is a warm and friendly person and also hosts a show ‘Let’s Talk Music with Sony Komanduri’ in @Madhuraaudio’s youtube music channel.
- She loves having a nose ring. Also she is a pet lover and has a pet dog named “Kuku.”